We present to you a compilation summarising the first part of the “Eastern European University” project. The compilation provides a number of ideas for solutions to improve the higher-education opportunities offered by Lublin and to make higher education in Lublin more attractive to foreign students, especially from the Eastern Partnership countries.
In it, you will find information on:
- The internationalisation of higher education in Poland and Europe
- The methodologies used in the surveys conducted as part of the project, and a description of the survey sample
- The results of the surveys conducted as part of the project among young people from the Eastern Partnership countries, addressing such issues as:
– the educational choices of potential foreign students from the Eastern Partnership countries;
– the educational plans of the respondents;
– the key factors informing the choice of location and programme of studies;
– the chances and barriers involved in studying abroad;
– the expectations in terms of educational needs.
- The results of the surveys conducted as part of the project among the Lublin students from the Eastern Partnership countries, aimed at gathering their opinions about Lublin’s universities and Lublin
- Recommendations for Lublin’s universities and authorities on how to improve the higher-education opportunities and municipal services in Lublin in terms of responding to the needs of foreign students, including especially from the Eastern Partnership countries, as well as possible.
This publication was developed by members of the faculty of Maria Curie-Skłodowska University – Dr Joanna Bielecka-Prus and Dr Marzena Kruk (the Institute of General Sociology and Migration Studies, Faculty of Philosophy and Sociology), and Dr Jakub Olchowski (the Institute of International Relations, Faculty of Political Science).
Feel free to share any information contained in this publication. The publication is available for free download and may be freely printed. Wishing you a good read!
For download (in Polish): EUW_Podsumowanie-i-rekomendacje
For download (in English): European Eastern University – Summary and Recommendations